Topics covered include :
- History of Hot Stone Therapy.
- Naturally formed stones and cut and polished stones.
- Properties of various types of stones.
- Effects and benefits of heat and cold on the body.
- Treatment Modifications.
- Understanding you stone kit.
- How to heat your stones.
- How to care for, cleanse and energize your stones.
- Step-by-step Hot Stone Manicure, Pedicure and Facial routine.
- Massage oils, lotions and creams.
- How to incorporate aromatherapy into Hot Stone Esthetics Prerequisite : previous accreditation in manicures, pedicures, and facials required.
This certification course allows you to work independently on your own time. Once registered in this course, you will receive the instructional manual and DVD. The course assignments are clearly outlined for you in the mamual. Each student is required to complete and document 9 Practicum Case Studies comprising of 3 of each of the following treatments : Hot Stone Manicure, Hot Stone Pedicure and Hot Stone Facial.
You are also required to write and open book examination. All completed course work is to be submitted by mail to The Stone Company within 12 months of registration. Following final evaluation, you will receive your Hot Stone Esthetics certificate in the mail from The Stone Massage Company.